Dec 16, 2020
Inner discomfort doesn't feel like peace. Is God just making our
lives difficult? Hildy felt it; we feel it. What role might it play
in a pursuit of truth?
Why would unitarian Christians bow down to one who isn't God?
And what is the deal with all that bowing to humans in the
- Matthew 28:18 - God gave Jesus authority.
- Revelation 5:12 - Jesus received power (and wealth, wisdom,
- Daniel 7:14 - The ancient of days gives the son of Man
- Acts 2:36 - God made him Lord.
- Acts 1:9 - Jesus ascended to heaven.
- Mark 16:19 - Sat down at God’s right hand.
- Luke 2:26 - Jesus is the Lord’s anointed, the Lord's
- 2 Samual 14:4 - Example of people who fell before king David
and paid homage.
- 1 Samual 16:13 - Spirit of God was upon David.
- 1 Samuel 16:23 - David played the lyre (kinnor).
- 2 Samuel 7:12 - The promise of an offspring from
- Jeremiah 30:21 - Jesus came from among his brethren.
- Romans 5:12-21 - Jesus was the man who obeyed, making many
- Revelation 5:9-10 - Jesus was worthy because he was slain,
ransoming people for God.
- Jeremiah 30:9 - Serve God and David, that is, the future
“David” according to the promise of a descendant.
- 1 Timothy 2:5 - The mediator is the man, Jesus.
- Hebrews 2:17 - Jesus became a high priest.
- Acts 3:13 - Jesus was a servant of God.
- 1 Chronicles 29:20 - The people worshiped God and the
- 1 Corinthians 15:42-49 - Jesus was raised immortal.
- Philippians 2:9 - Jesus exalted and set over creation and we
are to kneel to him.
- 1 Samuel 24:6 - David understood the role of his lord, king
Saul. He would not harm Saul, the Lord’s anointed.
- John 1:48 - Nathanael uses two titles for the Messiah: Son of
God and King of Israel.
- Philippians 4:7 - The peace of God which surpasses all
- Matthew 6:5-6 - Pray not like the Pharisees, but in your inner
- 1 John 3:19-21 - Our hearts at rest, not condemning us.
- Luke 18:13 - The sinner cried out, “God, be merciful to me, a
- Philippians 3:8 - Paul counts all things as dung.
Say a few words or vociferously complain. Say your first name
and your state or country. I may add your voice to the podcast!
"Hi, I'm Bob from Boston, you sure you weren’t dropped on
your head as a child?”
If your podcast app lets you remove silences, maybe don't. You
might enjoy this better with the silences left in. In fact, you
almost certainly will.