Apr 6, 2022
With a belief statement designed to be a door (not a wall), this
church plant takes a unique approach.
UCA Conference Meet-up planning (Survey),
and a UCA video discussion with Brandon Duke.
- (00:41) The warm reception
- (04:50) The interview: statement of faith
- (06:31) How it came to be
- (07:56) Controlling what people believe
- (08:46) How to handle disagreements
- (10:47) Deep-seated beliefs
- (12:34) “Having the THE right answer“
- (14:35) Inviting real dialogue
- (15:47) Nothing off limits
- (16:31) Similar concepts in other groups
- (17:40) On reproducing faith patterns
- (20:37) Conditional unconditional love
- (21:43) Running into an abusive wall
- (22:38) Not painting with a broad brush
- (23:04) Do you duplicate the culture?
- (24:10) False unity
- (25:47) The absence of questions and assumptions
- (27:20) A willingness to be open and honest
- (29:09) On changing overnight
- (30:31) See Will at the UCA Conference
- (31:26) Events
- (32:38) UCA Conference
- (32:57) Meet-up topics, survey
- (34:44) UCA Video, Liar, Lunatic, Lord
Make some ordered noise. Say your first name and your state or
"Hello, it's Fredrick from Florida. Fine and fortuitous
frolic of fun I've found."
Pauses and pacing are hand crafted, artisan efforts. If your
podcast app lets you remove silences, please don't. You will enjoy
this better with the silences left in.
FOLLOW THE PODCAST
The UCA Podcast email list! Large and enjoyable episode art,
additional thoughts from the host, and notifications when there are
The UCA events
listing. Keep up on what's coming up.
- Episode announcements
Podcast Webpage: https://podcast.unitarianchristianalliance.org