Sep 14, 2022
Discussing the plans, topics, and activities for the upcoming
Unitarian Christian Alliance 2nd annual meeting in Ohio with Jake
Ballard, Anna Brown, and Mark Cain.
- (00:25) What's a "Roundtable"?
- (01:18) Message to a future listnener from 2024
- (02:44) The Roundtable discussion
- (03:13) Introducing Jake
- (04:08) Introducing Anna
- (06:18) Jake's experience as paper reviewer
- (10:06) Anna's paper writing experience
- (13:08) Paper length
- (13:54) Anna's revision process
- (15:05) Paper topics listed
- (18:38) Q&A for presentations
- (19:46) Being a part of this unique crowd
- (21:03) Space for meeting people
- (22:06) Workshop topics
- (24:09) The practical nature of the workshops
- (25:14) The night sessions
- (26:13) Meetups (Friday afternoon)
- (35:22) Saturday afternoon, available baptistry
- (36:53) Debate training workshop
- (38:10) Kinda cool, that is cool, it's gonna be awesome
- (38:13) UCA Pre-party
- (39:04) Conference Partners (Sponsors)
- (42:27) Children at event?
- (44:20) Planning for the community event finale
- (45:03) Church options for the next morning
- (45:24) Eventleaf app for announcements, etc.
- (45:53) Twitter live updates, #UCAcon2022
- (46:49) Over 100 registered
- (47:33) Call to action, share this! (Time is short)
- (47:55) Ending: "Lake woe be to unitarians"
We all appreciate hearing each other's voices. Send a short
recording. Say your first name and your state or country.
Pauses and pacing are hand crafted, artisan efforts. If your
podcast app lets you remove silences, please don't. You will enjoy
this better with the silences left in.
The UCA Podcast email list! Large and enjoyable episode art,
additional thoughts from the host, and notifications when there are
The UCA events
listing. Keep up on what's coming up.
- Episode announcements
Official UCA twitter
Podcast Webpage: https://podcast.unitarianchristianalliance.org